Friday, April 30, 2010

Works in Progress. . . . and a new project.

I am going to post my WIP's on here each week if I can. Firstly to hopefully get me feeling guilty that I need to get a move on and finish them before moving onto the next 'big thing', but also to see them grow each week.

This crochet cammo rug is for my big boy, colours chosen by him, and I am thinking by the size of it, I will be done soon. Woo Hoo!


These colours can ONLY be chosen by one person, my Minnie, my colourful cheeky Minnie! You think you have seen these rugs before?? Correct you are, both of the above crochet rugs were made for my boys by me last winter, however, through their beautiful generosity, in Ethiopia, there are now two little children who will sleep warmer at night because my boys decided to donate their rugs, and I have made them each the same again as my boys said, when they go to bed at night, they know that there is someone else keeping warm with the same colours. (aww, so beautiful to hear my big boy say that)


oh yes, I have started the granny squares again, this time I hope to complete a rug for me. This little old mumma is feeling the cold and loves to snuggle too, besides this was a bargain buy and, well, who can resist a bargain when they see one!! oh and this is the first granny square, so if I want to snuggle under this winter, other than my toes, I had better get a move on!!


Ohhhh yes, the big dag that I am, just look at these lovely fabrics. I have opened the stash box and this is what I found, well this is a very small portion of what I found. Am thinking placemats oh yes, lovely placemats for my little family. Initially was thinking a single placemat and napkin from each piece of fabric, however, now I look at this photo, am thinking placemats just like this with a napkin from each fabric. They will be finished off around the edges with either a dark chocolate binding, or a charcoal to match the bowl.

Ok so it's out there now, all I have to do is put it all together.

I am off here now to snuggle with my sick little boy on the lounge, might even get some crochet done. He so wants to be feeling better for soccer tomorrow and I do hope he is.

Enjoy your Friday and I hope you get to finish some of your WIP's soon too.

No comments: